
The ocean is less than a half an hour away, but for some reason we don't make it there very often. This weekend we had a reason to go- John was working on a project of seascapes. So we went to a beach off highway 1 about 12 miles north of Santa Cruz. There are huge cliffs, and it's usually pretty deserted. We had a great time- there was hardly any of the usual wind, and we saw tons of wildlife. We even saw 5 whales! and probably as many dolphins. One of the whales was absolutely huge- I tried to get a picture of it, but it seemed to be camera shy.
Some sort of plantlife growing in a field near the cliffs- we couldn't identify exaclty what it was.
John relaxing after his work was done.




5 comments:
Beautiful pics! I would love to see the project :)
I wish I could drive 1/2 an hour and see whales and dolphins frolicking. That's so cool!
That's a great sky. How did John's photographs turn out?
we have to mail them off to the lab- so we probably won't know for a few weeks. but i'm really excited to see them!
thank you for the reminder of what the ocean looks like...
Post a Comment