9 years ago
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Runaway TV
About 3 years ago we decided to go without TV. We live near the mountains, so we don't get any stations with an antenna. When we first moved into our apartment, we magically had cable, which we enjoyed for about a year. Then we decided to unplug it, and then found out later that the cable had gone anyway. A couple weeks ago, when we were rearranging furniture, we plugged in the cable just for kicks, and there it was- TV in all its glory! At first it was like a luxurious vacation (since I was used to only watching tv on vacation). Then it started sucking me in. I was staying up late- not really doing anything else at night. And I can't even really tell you most of what I've seen (although I must admit the 37 year-old man who had his alien-looking twin removed from his stomach on "Medical Mysteries" last night was memorable) . It has been fun to see shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, but I can't really explain how I've watched almost the whole season of "Workout" on Bravo. Not to mention all the trendy design shows on HGTV. I can't remember the last Netflix movie I watched. The cable TV has to go... starting next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment