I recovered from horrendous food poisoning last week just in time to make it to Bay to Breakers this morning- a 12k race done in San Francisco every year. Well, it's actually less like a race and more like a parade for those that walk. We went up and stayed with Mike on Saturday, and I met Karen and a few of her friends at the start on the east side of the city.
Karen and I walked the whole thing, which was pretty entertaining. It started with the confusing tradition of people in the packed crowd near the starting line tossing tortillas up in the air. It was amazing how creative people got with costumes, many of which included some sort of cart carrying beer. Did I mention this was at 8 in the morning? The race went through a lot of residential areas, where people were gathered on their front porches and balconies, playing loud music and having fun people watching. We didn't dress up this year...maybe next time...
You can check out some extra shots from The Chronicle that are pretty amusing.
After the race I met up with John and Mike to eat at North Beach Pizza (one of our staples when we're up in the city). There's nothing like some delicious pizza after a couple of days of having nothing but water and crackers!

1 comment:
It looks like fun!
Post a Comment