Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Plum Tree


We have a lovely plum tree in our backyard. We thought they weren't quite ripe yet, but today I picked the first one, and it was deep red, sweet, and absolutely delicious. Earlier I happened upon a recipe for Rosewater Plum compote on one of my favorite food blogs. I might give it a try. Perhaps once our kitchen is put back together... we're going tonight to find shelf liner...

3 comments:

judith said...

Warning on plum trees (used to have one in our old place), they bear LOTS of fruit. There's so much you can't pick 'em all and start making a mess on the ground. Suggestion: take plums to work or take to homeless shelter. You can't possibly use 'em all.

karen said...

Mmm...yes, those looked yummy indeed. I'm glad you guys are enjoying your new place! It's really nice!

Anonymous said...

So far we're sharing some of them with our neighbor...although I might make an attempt at canning some of them :-) If anyone wants any, feel free to stop by!