Growing up in Arizona, I never experienced the having a snow day home from school. With the stormy weather in the bay area, today might be the closest thing to it (althought with rain instead of snow). I went in to work this morning, and it was windy and pouring all the way there. I didn't realize what a bad mistake it was to go in until I drove in the parking lot and tried to look for a place to park. There wasn't a parking space that wasn't within close distance of a potentially falling tree...so I parked in between two SUVs, hoping they might sheild my car if anything fell near it.
I went in to the office and the power had just gone out, and hardly anyone was there. So I headed out to work from home the rest of the day. On my way out I saw a huge tree that had cracked in half and landed on a couple of cars near where I had parked, but as I got closer I saw that my car was safe. Phew! Too bad I actually had a lot of work to do for a deadline, or I could've made the snow day experience more complete by watching movies all afternoon...
3 comments:
Wow! I was at work and didn't even realize how bad the storm was until I left in the evening. Good thing your car was safe! I've seen plenty of fallen trees today... Luckily the one in our backyard is still upright (let's keep our fingers crossed!)
I had hoped for a 'rain day' too. But I had power and everything. A friend working up in Foster City had the power out so everyone at work went home. Lucky...
For once, I'm glad I was in the frigid midwest instead of San Jose. My parents even lost shingles off of their roof!
Post a Comment