This week I had my physical and dental exams for the Peace Corps. My experience with my regular doctor was less than perfect, to say the least. What is it with doctors that make you wait to sign in, wait some more in the waiting room, then the exam room, and then blame you when it's 20 minutes past your appointment time when they actually make it to you?
My doctor had a very hard time filling out a few elementary forms. You would think she deals with paperwork all the time, but she acted like I was asking her to hang the moon. I think anything beyond 2 checkmarks would have been too much for her. Every time a new question came up, it was "Ack! Why do they need all this for?"
So the next day I prepared myself for a similar experience with my dentist. But Dr. Jack was efficiency personified. If he thought the forms were a pain in the ass, he didn't let me know. He poked around in my mouth, took a gazillion x-rays, and even gave me some friendly traveling advice at the end (pack light!).
Next week John gets his dental exam, and then we're all done- I can't wait to get all of our stuff off in the mail!
9 years ago

1 comment:
I bet it feels good to get those checked off your list!
Post a Comment