Since Heather and Bridget have shared their squirrelly experiences, I thought I'd add mine.
One morning as I was walking to my car, I heard a strange screech/scream that sounded like a mix of a small animal (maybe a rabbit) screaming bloody murder and a baby crying. It didn't stop. At first I looked around at the balconies, looking for a baby in distress. Then my eyes moved to the trees. I finally picked out a black squirrel sprawled out on its stomach, clinging to a branch with its four little clawed paws. I wasn't sure what the squirrel was screaming about- if it was trying to call out to another squirrel, or if it was simply rabid and would come flying through the air aiming for my face in the next second. So I left. After this incident I've seen this type of thing happen maybe three times.
I had never seen the elusive black squirrel (which is completely black) until I moved to Northern California. According to urban legend, they were the result of a Stanford University science experiment gone awry, and were accidentally let loose.
Has anyone ever heard the blood curdling scream of a squirrel? I have yet to hear it outside of the trees surrounding my apartment complex.
9 years ago

2 comments:
that's really creepy.
My roommate had a similar experience where her friend had let her cat outside but then they heard this horrid screeching and hissing and it was the squirrel and the cat. So they let the cat in and the squirrel kept going.
Post a Comment