Sunday, August 27, 2006

the midwest saga: part 1

A couple of weeks ago I went to South Dakota to visit my parents, and to Minnesota for a wedding of a good friend from college. This May my brother, Nick, bought a house in Beresford, SD. My parents moved out there at the same time, and are helping him fix up the house. It's on seven acres and has a beautiful view.


They're redoing most of the house...


Including putting in a new staircase and new windows.


This is the driveway. The house is out in the country, on a gravel road.


And the view is amazing- you can see forever.


There are several barns on the place.


Mom and Dad, with Lady (who is loving living in South Dakota).


I had a great time with my parents (Nick was in California yet). My Mom and I went to a James Taylor concert in Sioux Falls one night! In high school I used to listen to all my Mom's old James Taylor records- so it was a lot of fun to get to go see him together. I got to see where my parents have been living the last couple of months, and got to go shopping for windows in my old Dordt stomping grounds- Sioux Falls. I had a lot of fun, and John and I are excited to go this winter to experience some snow!

2 comments:

meganleah said...

It was so nice to see you on your trip to the midwest.

You made an excellent trophy girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I got to see you, Megan! It had been waaayyy to long!

And thanks for the opportunity to be a trophy girl- I'll be posting pictures of the tractor pull soon :)