
Last week John got me an early birthday present- a record player! Some of my earliest memories are of listening to records on my parents' record player, which was atop a large piece of furniture/stereo system. The album I most remember is of Bill Cosby. I don't really remember any of the stories, but I can remember clear as day his impression of a beating heart. I'm hoping I found the album it belongs to-one of the Bill Cosby records we found has a story called 'Chicken Heart', which sounds promising.
I haven't had a record player really since high school, when I discovered a bunch of my mom's old records. The Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Neil Young, the Beach Boys, and of course, James Taylor.
We broke in the record player with one of our more surprising finds- The Rolling Stones Beggar's Banquet.


No comments:
Post a Comment