Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Crafty Dilemma

I am ashamed to admit I started this scarf over a year ago. It's the first thing I've tried to knit, and I was very gung-ho about it. My mom and I decided last Christmas to knit scarves while I was visiting for the holidays, and my estimation on how long it would take me to do this was apparently wrong. Although I must say, there was a chance I was going to finish it before the year mark, but I ran out of yarn and couldn't find any more of it in the stores. So I'm stuck. Maybe the yarn I chose was too trendy (if yarn can be so) and has since gone out of style. I'm going to check the store in Chino (where I originally bought my supplies) when we're down there next weekend. But tonight I did notice that the last foot of the scarf has gotten suspiciously wider than the beginning, so perhaps it's time to retire this one and start a new crafty project. Because there is that box of quilt squares lurking in the back of our closet.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Oooooh, sounds like arts and crafts night!! Break out the pipecleaners!