
We went in the water slowly, trying to get acclimated to the cold. I had to remind myself to breathe slow, to not freak out. It seems nice and peaceful in the picture, but it was a little scary going out into the deep, cold water for the first time, not having the pool ledge to grab onto if needed. The water was opaque, so at first I kept closing my eyes when I went under, which didn't help. The water also felt a little heavier, in a strange way. But after swimming a lap and getting warmed up I found my rhythm and felt strong. It was a lot of fun to swim such long laps.

The same day, before we went swimming, I had my first ride on a road bike [thanks Elizabeth!] with Elaine and Judith, with actual CARS! I was a little wobbly at first, but it was fun to go fast! Well, I was actually slow, but it felt fast.

5 comments:
Swimming in open water would totally freak me out. Way to go! You'll soon be a great triathlete!
I'm sure you did very well swimming. You're right, I hate the cold! It was fun biking with you guys. Now that you've practically done the course, maybe you should do Quarry Lakes Mermaid ;)
3 cheers... for Donna the Mermaid!
your welcome. :) Next time I'll loan you the Nomad. It'd be safer at your house.
Nice job on the swim and the bike. You're getting closer to tri for fun!
Hey, if you wanna watch some triing in action, come to Mermaid on Sunday morning :D....
Post a Comment